Ketogenic Diet & Cancer Metabolism

Ketogenic Diet & Cancer Metabolism

Postby renw » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:12 am

letter I just received re my latest blood results deserve a mention:

Dear Mr. renw

in theses results you see Thymidinkinase going down. This means that the cell dividing is going down.

Also the LDH(LDH4+5) is going down, this means, that the damage in the mitochondrias is going to be repaired.

The same thing with LSA and M2PK (falling from 484 to 58,9). This means that there is less fermentation, i.e. less tumor cells.
All together is this a very good result.

Best wishes

Dr. Gerhard Siebenhüner

More information re above and some of my other observations are on my blog: http://www.mcrc4.com/?p=4745

After reyding Seyfrieds book I have gone hardcore keto, and supplementing with 2DG. I have been off systemic chemo since April. Seems to be working.
Blog: http://www.mcrc4.com
26/10/2012 10cm primary, 70% mets liver, lymph nodes
Prognosis: 2-3 months, kras and pik3ca mutations.
11/12 folfox 5 rounds = fail
2/13 folfiri 4 rounds = fail, 90g iv vit c = fail
5/13 chemoembolization
renw

Re: Ketogenic Diet & Cancer Metabolism

Postby manwithnoname » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:29 am

Don't know these markers. but 'very good result' from the Doc. sounds fantastic
manwithnoname

Postby worriedwife » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:03 am

Do all Dr's give these tests and results? Just wondered as I never heard of them.....but then I do not know a lot of the things they test for. Just wondering if this is a certain type of Dr. .....maybe one we don't have..thanks!!!
Hubby: Stg 2b cc
Surgery & reconnect July 2012
Opted out of Folfox
Pet Scan 8/12 NED
Fistula/Fluid/Abscess 10/31/12
worriedwife

Postby rp1954 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:12 am

The markers are not standard for colorectal cancer in the US, but that doesn't mean so much in the world of advanced diagnostics and treatments if you or your doctor can find some good papers. We use the LDH, lactose dehydrogenase a liver marker important for liver mets, and I am certainly thinking about the M2 pyruvate kinase marker. I dunno what LSA is myself.

Thanks for the inside view, Ren.
rp1954

Postby renw » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:16 am

Many of the tests that Siebenhuner does are unique to even Germany. No one else seems to do these. When we had the discussion about LDH for example, he mentioned that the combined value alone does not provide enough information and should be broken down into its components. Seems like he can track tumour division activity, mitochondria function, levels of glucose fermentation etc. He uses the tests to tailor his therapies and mentioned that he can identify very quickly whether a specific treatment is working. Other german docs who had a look at the results I felt did not really understand many of the markers.
Blog: http://www.mcrc4.com
26/10/2012 10cm primary, 70% mets liver, lymph nodes
Prognosis: 2-3 months, kras and pik3ca mutations.
11/12 folfox 5 rounds = fail
2/13 folfiri 4 rounds = fail, 90g iv vit c = fail
5/13 chemoembolization
renw

Postby rp1954 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:22 am

Comment for newer entrants:
Multiple marker interpretation is highly dependent on how much homework doctors, or we, put into reading papers and/or doing clinical research. With multiple markers, some cheap some not, one can whittle away at the odds of what's going on, knowing possibilities sooner with fewer surprises.

If your CRC doctor thinks CA19-9 is just for pancreatic cancer, he probably hasn't done much homework at all.
rp1954

Postby frances » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:11 pm

The use of multiple markers would be relevant in mCRC patients with active disease, in tracking changes experienced by patients with advanced disease who are undergoing treatments, it is worth noting.
frances

Postby pete43lost_at_sea » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:54 pm

And everyshread of good or bad info helps you to focus or change the survival program,ren is a miracle, maybe I am, its just great to be living proof.
Most oncologists would not know if there ass was on fire let alone how to fix it.

Dr s test are good, trying to do them internationally a challenge.
Hugs,
Pete
if you want to live read
petertrayhurn.blogspot.com
together we can smash this illness out of existence
join the immunotherapy revolution
pete43lost_at_sea

Return to Colon Chat Forum